3 Pumpkin Point Road
Echo Bay, Ontario, Canada
Phone: (705) 248-2395
Fax: (705) 248-1138
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF LAIRD
By-law Number 858-07
(Regarding Road Closing Authority)
BEING A BY-LAW TO AUTHORIZE THE TEMPORARY CLOSING OF HIGHWAYS WITHIN THE TOWNSHIP OF LAIRD.
WHEREAS the Highway Traffic Act, C.H. 8, RSO 1990 provides that the Council of a municipality may, for motor vehicles driven on a highway or portion of a highway under its jurisdiction, by by-law prescribe a rate of speed different from the rate set out in subsection 128 (1) of the said Act.
AND WHEREAS the Council of the Corporation of the Township of Laird deems it desirous to prescribe a maximum rate of certain highways and portions of highways in the Township of Laird.
NOW THEREFORE, BE IT ENACTED, AS FOLLOWS:
1. No person shall drive a motor vehicle at a rate of speed greater than 50 kilometres per hour on any highway or portion of a highway set out on Schedule "A" hereto.
2. Signs posting the maximum rate of speed at which motor vehicles may be driven shall be erected on the highways set out on Schedule "A" hereto.
3. Schedule "A" hereto forms a part of this by-law.
4. All by-laws or parts of by-laws conflicting with this by-law are hereby repealed.
5. This by-law comes into effect when the said highway is "signed" in accordance with the Highway Traffic Act, C.H. 8, RSO 1990 and the regulations thereof.
PASSED IN OPEN METING, this 11th day of January, 2006.
Mayor- Richard Beitz
Deputy Clerk - Rhonda Crozier
By-law No. 847-06
Copyright 2007 by the Township of Laird. All Rights Reserved.