3 Pumpkin Point Road
Echo Bay, Ontario, Canada
Phone: (705) 248-2395
Fax: (705) 248-1138
MINUTES OF MEETING NUMBER 11 OF
THE CORPORATION OF THE TOWNSHIP OF LAIRD
HELD 0N JUNE 20, 2007
AT THE LAIRD TOWNSHIP OFFICE
AT 7:30 P.M.
Mayor: Dick Beitz
Councillors: Donna Connolly, Chuck Frenette, Wayne Junor, Todd Rydall
Clerk: Phyllis MacKay
ON MOTION (No. 112-07) of Wayne Junor, seconded by Chuck Frenette that council approves council minutes of June 6, 2007, as presented and amended by stating that Chuck Frenette and Donna Connolly moved and seconded Motion No. 105-07. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 113-07) of Todd Rydall, seconded by Wayne Junor that council approves road accounts to May 31, 2007, as presented in the amount of $16,166.46. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 114-07) of Donna Connolly, seconded by Todd Rydall that council approves general accounts to June 6, 2007 in the amount of $12,767.66, as presented. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 115-07) of Todd Rydall, seconded by Chuck Frenette that council not accept contaminated waste at the disposal site, from outside Laird Township. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 116-07) of Wayne Junor, seconded by Donna Connolly that Council approves Long Point Subdivision as presented with the
1) Last sentence of 2.1(c) should read "In such case, the Owner undertakes to remove the services and restore the lands to the satisfaction of the Municipality if the Plan is not registered on or before May 15, 2008."
2) Paragraph 6 be amended to include 6.4 as follows: "6.4 Until the roads are formally assumed by the Municipality, the Owner on behalf of herself, assigns and successors in title, hereby covenants to indemnify and save harmless the Municipality from all actions, causes of action, suits, claims and demands whatsoever which arise from the services installed under this agreement unless caused by the negligence of the Municipality or its agents."
3) Paragraph 8.2 be amended to indicate "&.. satisfactory inspections thereof to the satisfaction of the Municipality &."
4) Paragraph 8.4(b)be amended as follows: "At the first reasonable opportunity, following such final inspection of the services and any requisite corrections which the Municipality may require &."
5) Road design to indicate that surface treatment of road to be completed by owner.
6) Section 3.1 to be amended as follows: "Lot purchasers will make lots suitable for subsurface sewage disposal systems to the standards of Algoma Public Health."
AND Council approves By-law 865-07 authorizing the Mayor and Clerk sign amended agreement.
ON MOTION (No. 117-07) of Todd Rydall, seconded by Wayne Junor that council approves Lot line adjustment between Lot 17 and Lot 18, as identified by Walker Engineering in its May 8, 2007 communication. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 118-07) of Todd Rydall, seconded by Donna Connolly that council hires Jennifer Moran as intern under the NOHFC program. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 119-07) of Todd Rydall, seconded by Donna Connolly that council supports resolution of Port Colborne in petitioning the Minister of Health undertake a review of salvia divinorum and its derivatives to determine the risks associated with the use of this substance. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 120-07) of Wayne Junor, seconded by Todd Rydall that council supports the Municipality of Brockton regarding demolition and destruction of numerous properties in Brockton with the construction of the Bruce-Milton power corridor. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 121-07) of Donna Connolly, seconded by Wayne Junor that council supports the resolution of Town of East Gwillimbury in petitioning the Ontario Auto Recyclers Association provide a trained inspector to assist with by-law enforcement and provide expert testimony in support of any charges under a by-law to regulate salvage yards. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 122-07) of Donna Connolly, seconded by Wayne Junor that council formally advises North Shore Agricultural Society that it has forgiven debt to the Township of Laird of $16,468.09, but this gesture should not be taken as relinquishing the municipality's ownership of the property. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 123-07) of Donna Connolly, seconded by Todd Rydall that council approves 2007 General Budget and By-law 864-07 establishing a tax rate that is .9998 of the 2006 residential farm rate. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 124-07) of Chuck Frenette, seconded by Wayne Junor that council approves By-law 863-07 authorizing the Mayor and Clerk sign COMRIF AMP Agreement. CARRIED
ON MOTION (No. 125-07) of Wayne Junor, seconded by Chuck Frenette that the council meeting be adjourned. CARRIED
Copyright 2007 by the Township of Laird. All Rights Reserved.